Today the news was filled with stories of Bank of America announcing it will soon charge customers $5 a month to use their Debit Card for retail transactions. This move after Wells Fargo and Chase tested similar fees to their customers. For the 38.7 people who carry Bank of America cards, they will now have to decide if $60 a year is just too much to pay.
I have to say I felt a sense of relief knowing USAA does not charge any extra fees for using their debit card. I like using my USAA debit card for gas, groceries, Starbucks, retail therapy, the list goes on and one. It’s nice to know I don’t have to pay an extra fee to have this convenience. Thanks USAA!
USAA Bank announced today that its debit card will remain fee free. We’re proud of our service to military members and their families and that USAA Bank remains committed to offering a free checking account – and free debit card – with superior features such as:
- Free checking – No monthly service fees regardless of balance.
- Free nationwide ATM use – First 10 ATM withdrawals are free, and if another bank charges, we’ll refund up to $15 of their bank fees each month.
- Deposit options – Make a deposit through one of more than 2,000 The UPS Store® locations, and qualifying members can also deposit checks from home, an iPhone™ or Android™ phone.
- Free online and mobile banking – Check balances, transfer funds and pay bills using a computer, smartphone, iPad® or mobile.usaa.com.
- Free USAA® Money Manager – Track spending with a personal budgeting tool.
How do you feel about BoA charging to use their debit card? Share your thoughts in the comment section!